NSDC is a first-of-its-kind Public Private Partnership (PPP) in India set up to facilitate the development and upgrading of the skills of the growing Indian workforce through skill training programs. A large part of the organization’s efforts are directed and towards developing the skills in the unorganized sector in India. NSDC supports skill development efforts, in India by funding skill training and development program.
The roles and responsibilities of the GJSCI are:
- Identification of skill development needs in the Gem and Jewellery sector in India
- Preparing a catalogue of types of skills needed in the Jewellery industry.
- Preparing a skill development plan for the Gem and Jewellery sector.
- Determining skills/competency standards and qualifications.
- Affiliation and accreditation process of the institutes imparting training in the Gem and Jewellery industry.
- Participation in examination and certification of individuals undergoing training.
- Planning and execution of Train the trainer programs.
- Establishing Academies of Excellence in the sector.
- Establishment of a well-structured sector specific Labour Market Information System (LMIS) to assist planning and delivery of training
Contact Information: CEO/COO: Binit Bhatt
SPOC: Anup Purwat, Puja Gandhi
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Address: Gem & Jewellery Skill Council of India
3rd Floor, Business Facilitation Centre,
SEEPZ Special Economic Zone Andheri
(E),Mumbai 400 096
Phone: +91 22 28293940
Grievance Cell Member: Prof. V. K. Murti, Director GJSCI
Dr. Gibson Vedamani, Director GJSCI